Thursday, December 7, 2017

Final Project: Video Deconstruction

My final project is based on the pressure that people face when it comes to beauty standards. My video "Beauty" shows a girl trying her best to apply make up in order to look beautiful. As time progresses, she gets frustrated and begins to throw the make up on her face. This music and image becomes warped to symbolize her state of mind. Ultimately she is frustrated because she cannot conform to the standard.

I chose this topic for my video deconstruction because this issue is very prevalent in today's society. Often people feel pressured to conform the beauty standards and will never feel good enough for society. It is a frustration that I have felt myself. I have come to realize however, that you do not have to try and match the beauty standards set for us, but you can be your own kind of beautiful. What people tell us is pretty or beautiful is subjective and we need to learn not to be bothered by it, like the girl in my video.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kristen. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in art and technology. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. we reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, yur family and friends also wishing you a blessed and a joyous Christmas season and a bright and a Christ centered New year. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. lOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR FROM YOU VERY SOON.

    ReplyDelete