Tuesday, October 17, 2017

ASCII Art

I went onto the class website and clicked on some of the links provide on ASCII art. I think it is cool that words can be used to make shapes and art. It takes a lot of creativity to figure what words you want to use and what shape is relevant to those words. I also saw the lego's that formed the Mona Lisa and the screws that formed a giant picture. Again, that takes time and dedication in order to put something that huge together. I looked up other pictures of ASCII art on google images and was amazed by what I found. There were full on portraits of famous people formed by just words. There was also cartoons and scenes from various movies that people created using this art form.

In one of my classes a year ago I recall experimenting with ASCII art. I made the David Bowie signature lighting bolt on his face out of various song lyrics of his. I'm not sure if it was the same thing but that's what I can compare it to. I remember it being extremely time consuming but it was cool when the finished product was presented.

1 comment:

  1. What you did (David Bowie) was most likely called "calligramme"

    ReplyDelete