Monday, November 13, 2017

Music Genres


I choose to add the band Blink 182 to the Punk Genre. The reason I include them in this genre is because in the 90s, the band was at the peak of the punk movement and also pushing the boundaries and creating a subgenre known as pop punk. In relation to technology Blink 182 uses different lights and sets in their videos to convey the message that their songs are about.



I am choosing to add Crazy Frog to the Virtual genre. I am including this artist to the list of virtual artists because of the popularity that Crazy Frog experienced.  It was created by a Swedish computer programmer and became a hit when its song “Axel F” was released. A computer was used to create this music as well as a music video, giving it the illusion that Crazy Frog actually exists.



I’m adding Calvin Harris to the Electronics/DJ genre. The reason I am adding him is because he has become very successful in the music industry by creating music using his vocals, piano, keyboards, synthesizers, digital audio work station, sampler, and sequencer. David Guetta and him are very similar.


I am adding ABBA to the Disco genre. The reason I am adding ABBA is because they combined different sounds of rhythm and blues or soul influences and cloyingly kitsch and sentimental to modern ears. Their music has become so popular that there was a musical written based off their songs as well as many covers.


I am adding Zedd to the House genre. The reason I am adding him to the list is because of his recognition for remixing well known artists such as Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, The Black Eyed Peas and many more. He has also worked with Skrillex in the Dubstep genre. Zedd uses vocals, synthesizer, drum machines, bass synth machines to create his music which is what House is created with.



No comments:

Post a Comment